Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Vegetable soup and Kinpira Gobou




Today's dinner menu was Vegetable soup, and Kinpira Gobou (strips of burdoc and carrot boiled in suger and soy sauce).


How to cook Vegetable soup.
1. Cut vegetables such as onion, carrot, and cabbage. If you want, you can also put sausage or bacon, corn, and tomato.
2. Put vegetables in a pan with a lot of water and boil them until vegetables get soft.
3. Flavor the soup with consomme.
How to cook Kinpira Gobou
1. Cut carrots and burdocks into fine thin strips. Then cut a meat too.
2. Put all of them in a pan with water and flaver them with suger, soy sauce, and sweet sake.
3. Boil them until carrots and burdock get flaver. It is good to boil for a several hour with low heat.

4 comments:

Kengo said...

It looks healthy. I need to take vitamin cause I am sick now!!!

Mie-chan said...

hmmmm yum! I love kimpira and it reminds me og my highschool ages.. my mom often made for my lunch haha

puja said...

oooooooooh i wanna eat meat. but soup looks delicious. you are good cook

nakanakamuuura said...

I love Kinpira, but I have never made it. Your recipe seems easy so I wanna try!